Celebrate Winter with Second Saturdays!
Winter transforms Seward from a bustling visitor hub to an oasis for Alaskans to play and recharge. To celebrate this special season, we’ve launched Seward Second Saturdays, a community-wide event scheduled for the weekends of Jan. 13, Feb. 10, Mar. 10, and Apr. 14. Enjoy quieter trails, fun activities and special discounts before the crowds return!
Make the Most of Your Visit With Our Itineraries
In anticipation of Valentine’s Day, we’ve developed an itinerary for couples looking for a low-key, luxurious getaway or for individuals looking to recharge.
Looking for fun activities for the whole family? We’ve got an itinerary for that, too.
Endless Winter Fun
Here are just a few ways to spend a weekend getaway in Seward!
- Take a private boat charter on Resurrection Bay
- Ride your fat bike to Exit Glacier
- Kayak out to Tonsina Point
- Cross-country ski freshly-groomed trails on Bear Lake or at Mile 12
- Heli-ski in Seward’s coastal mountains
- Soak in a hot tub while watching the kids play in a pool overlooking the boat harbor
- View Seward’s 12 original murals—we’re the Mural Capital of Alaska!
- Indulge in local seafood while sipping a perfectly paired wine
- Comb the beach for treasures
- Walk the docks in the boat harbor to look for sea otters
- Watch Alaska SeaLife Center Staff care for a baby Beluga whale
- Shop for some of the nicest clothing, home decor, fabrics and yarns, art, jewelry, and tasty treats in our historic downtown
- Wash down a mouthwatering burger while enjoying an Alaska brew
- Get a tattoo from an award-winning artist
- Stay in a cozy cabin in the woods
- Enjoy waterfront walk, followed by a relaxing massage
- Dance to live music with a fun, local crowd
Have a question about Seward Second Saturdays or other winter activities? Contact the Seward Chamber of Commerce at 907.224.8051. Are you a business that would like to participate in an upcoming Second Saturday? Contact the Seward Business Network at firstname.lastname@example.org.