The Seward Chamber of Commerce and Mount Marathon Race Committee is pleased to announce our 2018 logo contest for the 91st Annual Mount Marathon Race!
Designing the race logo is a great way to become forever associated with one of Alaska’s most iconic events. See our gallery of previous logo designs here, including the 2017 design by master artist Liza McElroy.
The winning design will be printed on the race finisher and volunteer t-shirts, finisher patches and local retail materials, as well as being widely used for event promotion. The winning designer will also receive a $200 cash prize!
How to Enter the Contest
- The contest begins on November 1, 2017
- Submissions will be accepted through January 31, 2018
- Winners will be announced in mid-February via email, Seward.com, and the Seward Chamber of Commerce’s social media channels
In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by our judges, all entries must be:
- Submitted directly to Jen Leahy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submitted in their original source file (a scalable, vector format such as .ai or .eps).
- Submitted as a high resolution .pdf with 300 dpi or higher.
- Theme: To best convey the unique nature of the Mount Marathon Race, the logo design must include a mountain theme.
- Language: The design MUST include the following words or phrases:
- Mount Marathon Race
- 91st Running
- Seward, Alaska
- Color: The design may include a maximum of four colors. There are no limitations on the specific colors. The logo must look professional in color and black and white.
- Integrity: Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published. Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
- One winning logo design will be selected by the Mount Marathon Race Committee.
- Contestants agree that the Seward Chamber of Commerce may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future.
- Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to the Mount Marathon Race and Seward Chamber of Commerce.
- The Mount Marathon Race Committee and Seward Chamber of Commerce may alter, modify or revise the winning logo as necessary for its intended use.
- The Mount Marathon Race Committee reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
Prize: The winning designer will receive $200!
Deadline: Wednesday, January 31 at 11:59 pm AK.
Contact Jen Leahy at the Seward Chamber of Commerce with any questions: 907.224.8051 or email@example.com.