2017 – The 62nd Seward Silver Salmon Derby®
August 12 – 20 Check out latest results on our FB Page!
2017 Leader Board
- 15.20 C.H. Schroeder Big Lake, AK
- 14.68 Michelle Gabriel Soldotna, AK
- 14.00 Darwin Aho Wasilla, AK
- 13.96 Jennifer Shelton Soldotna, AK
- 13.82 Edward Robbins Anchorage, AK
- 13.78 Sherrie Miller Seward, AK
- 13.78 Kenneth Baysinger Brumley, MO
- 13.43 Mitchell Bourdukofsky Anchorage, AK
- 13.35 Tony Shandy Chugiak, AK
- 13.29 Carey Schreiber Palmer, AK
1. 13.43 Mitchell Bourdukofsky Anchorage, AK
12.90 Matthew Lexa Lynnwood, WA
2. 12.62 Robert J. Peters Lynwood, WA
2017 Chevy Silverado Tag Fish Winner ~
Ian Wetherhorn of Houston, AK
The Seward Silver Salmon Derby® is one of the oldest and largest fishing derbies in the State. Seward’s Derby is equally popular with locals, other Alaska residents, and visiting anglers from around the nation and world. Anglers vie for the largest Coho (Silver) Salmon and try to catch tagged fish worth prizes. Anglers turn their fish in daily, which are sold to raise funds for fish enhancement efforts and fisheries scholarships for graduating high school students.
Find latest results and photos at the Seward Chamber’s Facebook Page Alaska Starts Here!
- Tagged- $50,000
- Tagged – Chevy Silverado
- Tagged – Alaska Airlines RT Tickets for 2
- Tagged- $10,000
- Tagged- $5,000
- Tagged- $1,000
- 1st – $10,000 +(weight of the fish in Silverhook, Kaladi Brothers Coffee)
- 2nd – $5,000 +(weight in Silverhook Coffee)
- 3rd– $2,500 +(weight in Silverhook Coffee)
- 4th- $1,000 Cabela’s Gift Card
- 5th– $750
Over 40 different prizes and categories to win, including mystery fish, 49th heaviest, hotel stays, ASLC Family Adventure passes, Kayak Trip, and so much more! Awards Ceremony & Salmon Bake at Branson Pavilion on Sunday afternoon, August 21st at 4:00 pm
- Derby tickets go on sale Friday night for early birds. See us at Derby Headquarters (across from the B-Dock fish cleaning station) between 6PM and 8 PM to pick yours up. Early birds remember that you MUST have your tickets validated Saturday morning before you leave the harbor!
- Saturday morning, ticket sales begin at 5:30 AM at the Headquarters and sales locations around Seward. Wherever you launch, we’re there to be sure you have a ticket before you go.
- Daily tickets are $10, tickets for the full event are $50. Proceeds from the Coho turned in support Fish Enhancement programs that benefit stocks in Resurrection Bay.
Did you know that Seward is the Number One Landing Site for Coho Salmon? It’s true! Fish on!