The Seward Chamber of Commerce 2023 Micro-Membership Scholarship has been awarded to Renee Elhard!
"I decided that I was going to start my educational path and enroll into my prerequisites that will guide me to be a traveling physical therapist. I plan to spend my first year at the University of Alaska, Anchorage starting this fall.
Renee's compelling application essay detailed the challenges she overcame as a child, which has shaped her goal of giving back to our community.
"I want to return to my hometown after I am finished with school and contribute to our community. I believe that in order to overcome certain obstacles life throws at you, help is always needed from your surrounding environments. If I can bring my education and return to Seward then I will be able to help others with some disadvantages they might have like mine."
We are proud of Renee's tenacity and dedication to her community. Congratulations on your scholarship and best wishes in your future endeavors!
Here's to doing more, together!
Although all Seward High School students are encouraged to apply to the Micro Membership Program, the scholarship will only be awarded to a graduating senior. Those enrolled in the program who are not seniors will be considered more favorably for future scholarship opportunities.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- All micro-members who are graduating seniors will be considered for a Chamber of Commerce Scholarship of $500.
- Resume builder workshops are available.
- All members will be featured on the Seward.com Micro-Membership Page.
- Invitations to connect with local businesses at Chamber Luncheons.
- Membership Decal.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP:
- All interested applicants must submit an essay outlining their career objectives, their plans to accomplish their goals, identify obstacles they may face and how to they will overcome those challenges.
- Essay should be 5 paragraphs in length answering each question.
- All high school students can be a micro-member, however, scholarships are only awarded to graduating seniors.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MAY 1ST.
Submit essays to email@example.com or mail them to PO Box 749.