Things To Do With Kids
Seward is great for the entire family. Our city is easily accessible from Anchorage and, once you’re here, there are plenty of fun options for kids to learn, explore, and experience the natural wonders and excitement around Seward. Whether you are looking for an afternoon activity or a week of excitement, there are plenty of thing to do like:
- Meet and help train the next generation of Iditarod dogs The well-loved puppies and dogs are always excited for the chance to run, and these tours are open to all ages.
- Meet the wildlife! Visit the Alaska SeaLife Center
- Visit Kenai Fjords National Park! Follow the path of a receding glacier and take in the majesty of Exit Glacier at the Kenai Fjords National Park Exit Glacier Nature Center.
- Explore Tonsina Point and, if the tide is right, safely tidepool along the coast. Be sure to follow the Alaska Department of Fish and Game’s tidepooling guidelines.
- Watch the salmon run! Visit the Bear Lake weir throughout the summer to see spawning Coho or Silver salmon.
For more great ideas of things to do with kids in Seward, see below.